Are you in search of straightforward freezer meals for brand spanking new mothers and dads?
Having a child is an thrilling time, however between feeding and sleeping schedules, it’s exhausting to seek out time to just be sure you are well-fed and rested too.
That’s why having some straightforward meals readily available is likely one of the greatest issues you are able to do for your self.
I not too long ago had my first youngster, and a month earlier than my due date, I made certain to start out serious about meal planning. So a lot of my mates and bloggers I observe talked about how useful it was to start out meal prepping for these first few weeks, and I took their recommendation.
The issue is that residing on a ship means now we have a really small quantity of fridge and freezer house out there, so fastidiously planning and prepping upfront was particularly essential!
I knew that I wished to eradicate as a lot stress as potential as soon as the infant got here, and in search of straightforward freezer meals for brand spanking new mothers and fogeys helped me eradicate a few of that stress.
As a result of I spent a lot time researching completely different meals and freezer snacks for brand spanking new mothers, I made a decision to place collectively an inventory of one of the best ones I discovered.
My daughter is now 6 months outdated, and the meals I’m sharing with you right this moment have been an enormous assist throughout these first couple of months.
Wes and I have been studying the way to handle her and alter to having a child and having these meals all able to go within the freezer meant we stayed fed.
Listed below are a few of my favourite recipes on this listing:
- Freezer Oatmeal Cups – These are nice for breakfast or snacks, and you should use virtually any recent or dried fruit you have got. Plus, in case you are breastfeeding, I’ve learn that oatmeal can increase milk manufacturing.
- Make-Forward Mexican Lasagna – This combines two of my favourite varieties of meals: Mexican and pasta. You may as well get numerous leftovers out of this recipe.
- Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches – This easy breakfast sandwich recipe can simply be made vegetarian, and the sandwiches warmth up shortly within the microwave. And, this can be a nice one-hand meal whilst you’re holding your child.
These are only a few of the recipes I’m sharing with you right this moment.
The entire straightforward freezer meals for brand spanking new mothers and dads on this listing are straightforward to arrange, scrumptious, and prove nice when you reheat them.
Earlier than I share the recipes, right here’s just a little extra about freezer meals:
What meals ought to I freeze after having a child?
The completely different meals and snacks that you could possibly freeze for postpartum embody:
- Breakfast sandwiches
- Make-ahead rooster (that is like cooked and shredded rooster which you can add to salads, wraps, sandwiches, and extra)
Crockpot freezer meals for brand spanking new mothers are one other nice concept as a result of cooking in a crockpot makes your life even simpler. The best way most crockpot freezer meals work is that you simply lower up all the elements upfront and put them in a freezer-safe plastic bag with the herbs and spices. The one factor you permit out is the liquid.
When ought to I begin making freezer meals for postpartum?
An excellent time to start out making straightforward freezer meals for brand spanking new mothers is round 1-2 months earlier than your due date.
You can begin as early as you need, however they could have freezer burn if you happen to begin them too early. So maintain that in thoughts earlier than you get began.
You additionally don’t need to push them off till it’s too near your due date. Infants are unpredictable and may come at any time!
What number of meals ought to I make for postpartum time?
A lot of the straightforward freezer meals for brand spanking new mothers on this listing make round six servings. Which means every meal ought to get you and your accomplice by 2-3 meals relying on how hungry you’re.
If in case you have different youngsters at residence, one freezer meal could solely final a day.
I deliberate on having 10 freezer meals prepared for the primary month. We didn’t find yourself consuming all of them that first month, however they did assist over the next couple of months.
Apart from being busy with a brand new child, take into consideration what different issues can be taking place in these first few weeks. Will household come to go to? Will you must return to work instantly? Do your different youngsters have actions taking place?
If in case you have extra folks in your loved ones and have extra occurring, it could assist to make extra freezer meals.
How lengthy are freezer meals good for?
In keeping with the USDA, freezer meals are good so long as they’re frozen. Nevertheless, the flavour and texture of the meals can begin to degrade after about three months.
That’s why beginning to make meals about 1-2 months earlier than you’re due is nice to maintain you fed by roughly the primary month of postpartum meals.
I did strive a few these freezer meals just a little after the three-month mark, and I didn’t discover a lot of a distinction. However, I feel you’d undoubtedly begin noticing a distinction after six months to a yr.
Suggestions for making straightforward freezer meals for brand spanking new mothers and dads
Under are ideas for making your freezer meals as straightforward as potential:
- Clearly label something you freeze with the identify of the meal and the date. You may as well add directions for cooking on the freezer bag too.
- Use freezer-quality plastic luggage to guard your meals within the freezer. There are even reusable freezer luggage that you should use time and again.
- Spend just a few hours or a complete day making as many freezer meals as potential – this protects time, and you’ll simply prep 3-5 or extra at a time.
- If it’s simply you and your accomplice, you’ll be able to divide the freezer meals in half and freeze them in separate luggage.
- Double the recipes in order for you much more leftovers or in case you have a big household.
- Lay your luggage flat within the freezer to freeze. As soon as they’re frozen, you’ll be able to transfer them, however freezing them flat helps save house in your freezer.
Now that we’ve coated all your questions on freezer meals, under are 15 straightforward freezer meals for brand spanking new mothers and dads.
15 straightforward freezer meals for brand spanking new mothers and dads:
1. Simple Freezer To Oven Rooster Parmesan
2. Make Forward Mexican Lasagna
3. Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
4. Tremendous Simple Gradual Cooker White Rooster Chili
5. Lasagna Roll Up
6. Simple Cabbage Soup
7. Freezer Breakfast Burritos
8. Beef Topped Bean Enchiladas For Gradual Cookers
9. Pesto Ranch Rooster Freezer Meal
10. Breakfast Burritos
11. Frozen Breakfast Sandwiches
12. Floor Beef Stroganoff Freezer Meal
13. Freezer Oatmeal Cups
14. Mini Wholesome Carrot And Zucchini Muffins
15. Simple Breakfast Casserole Muffins
What else ought to be on this listing for simple freezer meals for brand spanking new mothers and dads?