1.5 C
New York
Saturday, February 3, 2024

MiB: Adam Parker, Trivariate Analysis

Share To Your Friends

[ad_1]

 

 

This week, we communicate with Adam Parker, who’s the founder and CEO of Trivariate Analysis. Beforehand, he was Chief US Fairness Strategist and director of International Quantitative Analysis at Morgan Stanley, ranked as a high strategist and quantitative researcher a number of occasions by Institutional Investor journal. Parker additionally co-authored a groundbreaking paper on gender variety as a danger issue. He holds B.S./M.S. levels in statistics and earned a Ph.D. in statistics from Boston College.

At Morgan Stanley, he analyzed 3,500 analyst observations over 7 years. (Half had been obese, half equal or underweight) The overweights beat the underweights by ~4%; He additionally ran a quant mannequin, the place the highest quintile beat the underside quintile by 9%; Lastly, combining basic and quantitative fashions, in the event you solely purchased what each advisable and shorted what each disliked, it generated 13% in returns.

A yr in the past, Trivariate made an aggressive name going lengthy power as a result of triple crown of quant: Upwards earnings revisions, optimistic value momentum, and low-cost valuation versus historical past. Since he made the advice, Vitality has overwhelmed Tech by 50%. He doesn’t foresee peak oil demand over the subsequent 10 years.

Parker additionally doubts the Fed goes to tighten the financial system right into a recession and believes there are numerous lengthy/brief alternatives. We additionally talk about semiconductors and why it has taken so lengthy to ramp up post-pandemic; issues are starting to normalize, however nonetheless has a couple of quarters to go.

A listing of his present studying is right here; A transcript of our dialog is out there right here after the vacation weekend.

You possibly can stream and obtain our full dialog, together with the podcast extras on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, Google, Bloomberg, and Acast. All of our earlier podcasts in your favourite pod hosts might be discovered right here.

Make sure you try our Masters in Enterprise subsequent week with Mark Mobius of Mobius Capital.  Often known as the “The Godfather of Rising Markets,” he was tapped by Sir John Templeton in 1987 to run Templeton Rising Markets, one of many first EM funds on the planet. Over the subsequent 30 years, he visited 112 nations, invested in 5,000+ firms, and traveled 1,000,000+ miles. This helped to develop the Templeton Rising Markets Group from $100 million in six markets to over $40 billion in 70 nations.

 

 

Adam Parker’s Present Studying

Classes From The Edge: A Memoir by Marie Yovanovitch

All In: An Autobiography by Billie Jean King

Books Barry Talked about

Open: An Autobiography by Andre Agassi

The Cash Sport by Adam Smith

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

[ad_2]


Share To Your Friends

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest Articles