I utilized to zomato by way of Referral from a random particular person at zomato who shared a publish about hiring SDE 1 in Zomato. I had full-time expertise in android growth for 10 months as an SDE together with a number of internship experiences. I acquired the decision for the interview. The interviews had the next 2 rounds:
Word – This interview expertise comprises numerous phrases associated to android growth. To find out about them, google them.
Spherical 1 (Technical):
- Length – 1 hour quarter-hour
- We began off with my introduction and all stuff have I labored on in android growth. Together with probably the most difficult process I’ve confronted so far.
- The interviewer requested for extra particulars about my initiatives. I instructed him about all of the ideas that I’ve used like RoomDB, Jetpack Navigation, and so on.
- He requested me about my familiarity with information constructions. I replied that I had practiced them properly and I instructed him that I knew arrays, timber, linked lists, and so on.
- He gave me a real-life state of affairs in an android app-based DSA query. Given an inventory of numbers, discover the highest 10 numbers in the identical.
- Since I had seen the query earlier than, I took a couple of minutes and body the a number of approaches I knew. I instructed him the bottom method of sorting the listing (we mentioned the complexity of sorting) after which I shared a greater resolution.
- I instructed him about heap information construction and he requested me to clarify the heap and its inside functioning together with implementation (we mentioned the entire binary search tree, upHeapify, downHeapify, min, and max heap). I used to be additionally requested to inform the complexity of the query utilizing a heap.
- Given an inventory of objects, create a clone of the given listing. ( I instructed the tactic of making a brand new listing then iterating over the outdated listing and including every object manually. Then he requested me in regards to the listing.addAll() operate in java, I instructed him that I don’t know in regards to the inside functioning of the identical).
- One other application-based query – Since a number of pictures are loading exterior libraries in android. Do I’ve any clue about which technique of caching is utilized by them? I remembered the LRU cache from Working System. (We mentioned how LRU works, its want and the way can we implement the identical).
- One other application-based query – given 4 popups that should be displayed on a display however no two of them needs to be displayed on the identical time. I needed to give you an method for a similar.
- The bottom method recommended by me – Load the opposite one as quickly as one closes, the interview edited the query – All of the 4 occasions are mutually unique. I instructed an answer by holding a worldwide boolean variable to test whether or not a popup is open or not. ( I obtained the thought of the identical from Semaphores in Working System, I shared the answer and the interviewer was happy with the answer.
- The interviewer requested me about Android App’s dimension compression utilizing Progaurd, what’s MVVM and the way it survives orientation adjustments, and Dependency Injection.
- The interviewer requested me how I realized about one thing new in android growth, I answered Documentation + Medium Articles + then tutorials
- The interview was over and he requested me if I had any questions. I requested him a few bug that I noticed in Zomato’s android utility and we had a small dialogue over the identical.
- I used to be shortlisted for the following spherical.
Spherical 2 (Technical):
- Length – 1 hour quarter-hour
- We began off with my introduction and all stuff have i labored on in android growth. Together with probably the most difficult process I’ve confronted so far.
- The interviewer requested me about Clear Code, Coroutines (scopes and dispatchers), Dependency Injection, ANR crashes, Multi-threading, and Layouts in android.
- The interviewer requested me to open an android studio and design the highest format of a restaurant as within the Zomato app whereas sharing the display.
- It took me approx 15 minutes to make the identical after which we mentioned enhancing the format hierarchy of the identical.
- Put up that we moved on to Information Buildings.
- First DSA Query – Variety of subarrays having product lower than Okay. I shared the brute drive resolution, publish dialogue on the identical interviewer requested me to think about an optimized resolution, then I instructed him an answer utilizing sliding window algorithm. After discussing the identical, I used to be requested to put in writing the pseudo code adopted by house and time complexity
- Second Query – nth node from the top in a linked listing. I already knew the answer for a similar and simply took a couple of minutes to inform the bottom and finest method for a similar.
- I shared the quick and gradual pointer method, I used to be requested to do a dry run on the given take a look at case and take a look at my method. I used to be additionally requested in regards to the complexity of the code.
- The interviewer was happy with the answer and we moved to different questions.
- What’s hashing, hashmap and the way can we deal with the collision instances in the identical.
- How can we do dependency injection with out utilizing any exterior library?
- The interview was over and he requested me if I had any questions. I requested about when can I hear from the recruiter and I requested about the identical bug that I mentioned within the earlier spherical.
In each rounds, the interviewers have been at senior positions at zomato however nonetheless, they have been pleasant and the interviews have been extra of a dialogue somewhat than direct solutions. Total the interview expertise was nice.
I used to be chosen for the SDE 1 Android Place.
For DSA – Leetcode + GFG
For Android Improvement – Documentation + Medium Articles + tutorials.